At 36 weeks pregnant, I went to my doctor for a regular check-up. My blood pressure was ridiculous, something like 200/180. Seriously. They did an ultrasound and found everything to be fine. Jared had taken the week off work, but went in that day to wrap up a few things. He joined me at the doctor's office where we were informed the baby was coming asap! I could either have a c-section or be induced. We were downstairs within a few minutes and I was in that super sexy night gown. Nothing like an open back gown, socks and 30 pounds of fluid in your body! The nurses immediately started magnesium sulfate to prevent seizures. They also wrapped a blood pressure cuff around my arm and left it for the night. Jared and I didn't sleep a wink! My doctor ordered Pitocin at 7:00 a.m. with an epidural at 9:00. Due to my astronomical blood pressure, my ob didn't want me in any discomfort. Life is good, I want 50 children, childbirth is no problem. HA! Around 2:00, I became VERY aware of a spot on my left side. Although it was painful, I thought I was tough; I could handle it. My fabulous nurse, Amy, offered to have the epidural repositioned. Since I am superwoman, I told her no, I'd be fine. Little did I know, Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor. The "spot" spread and let's just say that I got to experience more of childbirth than really necessary. I started pushing at 5:00 p.m. and Lila arrived at 7:18, with the help of forceps. She was taken directly to NICU for observation. After being released that evening, she went to the Well Baby Nursery. We asked them to bring her up the next morning where we finally got to love on our new little one. Our reunion was short lived. One of the nurses came for Lila to see the pediatrician for rounds. She was later admitted for low oxygen levels. Jared and I went home on Saturday without our daughter. She joined us on Wednesday and we've been a happy family ever since!
We aren't really sharing the photos from NICU, but here are a few. Lila was bruised from the brutal delivery and the swelling lasted for days. Rest assured that she is now a healthy and (we hope!) happy little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment