Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rub a Dub Dub!

I knew things would change when we had a child. One of the things I did not consider is showering. With all the other adjustments coming, not having time to shampoo my hair didn't really cross my mind. I guess I thought I would grab a quick shower while Lila napped. I didn't realize that her radar hearing would detect sound the instant my hand touched the bath nozzle. We've come to some sort of an agreement now. She hangs out in her lamb seat in the bathroom with me and stays quiet for a few minutes. She has to check out the bathroom and see if anything changed from the day before. If I go over my allotted time, she reminds me. Apparently it's called compromise.

Our little one is a stickler for water waste when I shower, but she does enjoy her bathtime. She gets a nice warm bath each night before bed and LOVES it. Jared holds her in the water and moves her around (their "swim time"). She would let him hold her like that for hours. We can't wait for summer to really get her in the water!

(We were still working on wrapping her properly) 

(I reminded her that eating came after the bath!)

(This one is just our favorite.)

2 comments:

  1. She is too cute! Oh, and I promise taking a shower gets much easier once they discover Dora or Mickey Mouse. It is thanks to those guys that this Mommy gets a shower everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor was an April 1 baby, and by the end of the summer, I had her in the pool, shoving her under the water and "shooting" her to my mom ("Grandmargaret"). Grandmargaret was sure I was going to drown my poor little babygirl, but she was a trooper. I volunteer to teach Lila to swim this August in the pool down the road from my little beach house!

    ReplyDelete