Just after the New Year, we headed over for Lila's three year check up. She handled it very well. In fact, she handled it by herself! Beckett and I were able to sit back while Lila spoke with Dr. Breslin. She warmed up quickly and showed off for the doctor. She shared her colors and even drew a circle on the paper table covering. I was so proud! Here are her stats:
Height: 38" (66th percentile)
Weight: 31.6 lbs (57th percentile)
After a family celebration and her doctor's stamp of approval, it was time to celebrate with her friends. For months, Lila told us she wanted a Pinkie Pie Party, so PINKie Pie it was!
Each time I look at these pictures, I think of Steel Magnolias when M'Lynn says, "Oh how precious is this wedding going to get, I ask you? That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto Bismol."
Then our guests began to arrive! Lila was so excited each time a new friend walked through the door. There were many excited hugs between the toddlers, and many awwwwws from the parents. Thank God (truly!) the weather held up. We enjoyed a gorgeous day, with absolutely perfect temperatures. We were able to open the doors and let the little ones roam in and out. This was confusing for some of them, as they're always told to close the door!
Beckett had a blast! He is obsessed with "ow-cy"! Plus, he got to run with the big kids.
We dragged out several toys for the day. It was nice to see them get some use!
Before we enjoyed our Pink Lemonade cupcakes, we served lunch. We had grilled hot dogs and chips. As if that weren't healthy enough, we also had chili and fries. It was a hit! I saw plenty of parents with Frito Chili Pie covering their plates, and naturally, the children loved the individual bags of chips.
As nap time approached, we knew we had to get the cake out. I used a giant cupcake pan for the large cupcake. It was the first time I'd made one, and it was nerve wracking! Luckily, it worked out and the cake was delicious.
Before singing...
During singing. She's NEVER been shy in a crowd.
We chalked it up to exhaustion. I hope that's all it was.
We knew the children wouldn't want to stop playing, so we waited until after the party to open presents.
Her enthusiasm quickly waned. The girl was tired.
Beckett said he was over the Pink Palace. Time to go ow-cy.
Happy 3rd Birthday, Lila Bean! We love you!




















Adorable!! Looks like the party was a big success. I'm glad Miss Lila had such a fun day.
ReplyDelete