Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back to Visit!

We loaded up last Thursday and headed for Birmingham. Jared had to go into the office to wrap up a few things, so Lila and I seized the opportunity to visit friends.......and eat.

We met some of our fabulous Mommy & Me friends at the park on Friday. Lila is normally a very happy little girl, especially when there are other children around. I'm not sure when the aliens swapped my child, but something was certainly amiss. Maybe it was the full moon the night before. She whined the entire time! A few of us attempted lunch at Zoe's and it was an adventure. When we got back to the hotel, Lila slept for nearly three hours. Then it was dinner at Iguana Grill. Yum!!

High chairs are for babies

Saturday morning was spent at the zoo. We were there for hours and loved every second. Lila is finally aware of the animals, instead of just the other children. She especially enjoyed the petting zoo.

The pygmy goats were just her size.



We took a break from our animal fun to do a little work.

First ride on a carousel.


We got a behind the scenes tour of "Trails of Africa". That is the project Jared just wrapped up and it is AWESOME! It looks phenomenal and everyone is going to love it. I can't wait for the grand opening!

This "little" guy is the new (29 years old) elephant from Disney. He's very laid back, which is good considering he weighs 11 tons.

We had dinner with Guy and Christa on Saturday, right after we bought Lila's "big girl"carseat. Yes, I know we were way behind on this. I'm not sure why we hadn't changed her over, but whatever. She loves this seat and so do we. It's so much easier to get her in and out, not to mention she can actually see what's going on around her.


We enjoyed lunch with Taylor & Jason and their darling girls before heading home. It was a nice trip, good food and great friends. We miss them all so much and wish we had more time to visit, but we will take what we can get!







2 comments:

  1. The zoo pictures are just cruel & unusual punishment. I was SOO disappointed that I was in Jackson and missed seeing y'all :( Come back for another visit soon please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate we missed you guys! I hope you make it back soon.

    ReplyDelete