That's right, Lila's going to be a big sister! I noticed over Christmas and Lila's birthday that certain foods didn't taste quite right. I brushed it off by saying various ingredients in the dish were too sweet. (I hate sweet main dishes. Sweet is for dessert.) On January 2, we went to church. We took Communion and one of my prayers was that we would be blessed with another child this year. Ha! I can just picture God smiling at that one! We went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant and I ordered fajitas. Once again, something made me nauseated and this time the blame went to the sour cream.
I realized the last time food affected me like that was when I was expecting Lila. When I told Jared, he told me to just take a test and make sure.
Now I've taken roughly 1,000 pregnancy tests. While struggling with infertility, I took them all the time. As we all know, only one was ever positive (well, that one and the 3 I took afterwards just to make sure) and the result of that is upstairs sleeping right now. We even bought this one at the Dollar Tree, since we didn't think there was any way it would be positive, and hey, tests are expensive.
The line popped up in less than a minute. We were, in a word, SHOCKED! We'd been told the first baby could "jump start" my body, but there were no guarantees. Grateful does not begin to describe what we're feeling.
We'd heard rumors about these "normal pregnancies". You don't go to the doctor until at least 8 weeks, then only every 4 weeks. They don't do blood work every other day, no constant reassurance your baby is ok. I was happy not to need ART, but I miss the attention once you conceive. When I called the doctor recommended, I chatted with her nurse and scheduled an appointment.....for two weeks later! I kept asking if she was sure they didn't want to do blood work.
We FINALLY went to the doctor, Lila included. We had no idea how far along I was, since I was breastfeeding. Imagine our surprise when our baby measured 8 weeks and 6 days! Everything looked great and the heartbeat was very strong. So our little one is now 11 weeks and 5 days. We go back next week and cannot wait to hear that heartbeat again.
Something could still happen at this point, so please keep this little one in your prayers. He or she is due August 25. We can't wait to meet our next baby, but do plan on enjoying the time with Lila. They will only be 20 months apart and we do not want her to feel pushed out. We really don't expect it to be a problem though. As much as Lila loves children, we'll have to worry about her loving this baby to death!
We (or at least I) stared at this all day that Sunday!
so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you guys!! Lila is going to be a wonderful BIG sister!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! What WONDERFUL news!! Congratulations on your precious surprise! :)
ReplyDeleteWow!! Hudson will be thrilled!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am so happy for you! :)
ReplyDeleteI think I kept Dollar Tree in business when we were trying...in my opinion they are the best tests!
So Awesome! Can't wait to see you and catch up.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I was just thinking about you guys a few days ago and wondering if Lila may be having a baby brother or baby sister anytime soon. I am so happy for you guys!!! I am keeping you all in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you guys!
ReplyDeleteRenee and the boys