Sunday, March 13, 2011

I do!

This weekend was pretty busy, but a great time. We started out on Friday with a family "date night". We had errands to run, then off to dinner. Saturday morning arrived oh so quickly, with us packing for an overnight trip to Florida. We visited our friends Britt, Debbie and Gavin, their adorable five month old son.

Lila was completely enthralled with Gavin and kept squealing as she toddled over to him. As he played on his mat, Lila inched closer and closer. The next thing we knew, she leaned over and kissed him.....ON THE MOUTH! We were completely shocked. I'm pretty sure she was leaning over to give him a kiss and that's just where she landed. Still, we will be keeping an eye on our surprisingly forward little girl.

Britt and Debbie were kind enough to let us use their home as a hotel last night. We were on our way to a wedding in Seacrest Beach. One of my favorite Birmingham girls said "I do" last night to a wonderful man. They are one of those "meant to be couples" and the wedding was truly a celebration. It was also a little chilly, as the ceremony was held right on the sand. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, but the breeze made me wish I'd worn pants. And long sleeves. And remembered to bring Lila's cardigan. (We did have a blanket in the car, so she was fine.)

Three cheers for Cheerios!
 We probably would have had a meltdown without them.

Jennifer and her mother. Jen lost her father when she was only 14.
I overheard Mrs. Brooks say Jen looked so much like her dad while she was saying her vows.

The happy couple: Mr. and Mrs. Clement 

Our attempt at a family photo. Lila was busy telling everyone bye.

Lila was exhausted! She partied a little too hard.

We headed back to Britt & Debbie's, where we crashed. Lila woke us up before sunrise, so we decided to come on home. After a much needed mid-morning nap, we were ready to play.

Today was one of those days that just makes me happy. Sometimes I just get chills when I think about how blessed I am. I know I usually take it all for granted, but today I had a moment of clarity and recognized  some of God's gifts in my life. Of course, that brought to mind "To whom much is given, much is expected." I better get myself in gear!

Lila wanted to touch everything. We blew bubbles, played ball and rode around in her Little Tikes car. Mostly she just wanted to practice walking on the grass.





My baby has a drinking problem. She always has a cup nearby.




Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!

1 comment: