Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lila's Favorite Address

Does this look familiar to you?

How about  now?

That's right folks, we went to see this guy, LIVE and in person! 


I happened to be visiting one of the frugal mom websites and saw that Sesame Street Live was making the rounds. Jared and I had just discussed taking Lila to something like that, so we jumped at the opportunity. We were like kids at Christmas and literally started counting down until the big day.

When it finally rolled around, the kids and I loaded up and made the trip to Mobile to meet Jared. Since we went to the early evening show, it wasn't very crowded. Since it was a kids' show, we didn't have to worry about being loud (although I was armed with a bag of snacks!). Wouldn't you know, the one time in my life that I'm early, there was no need.

Lila didn't know what was going on, but was ready for some fun.


Really Daddy, why are we sitting in these weird seats?


Is something supposed to happen?

Beckett slept nearly the entire time. It was incredibly loud, but he does live with Lila, so...


All the major characters were there. We saw the famous Oscar,

Cookie Monster (who can really dance, let me tell you)

Abby Cadabby

Grover, Zoe and Big Bird

and all the rest!!

Lila was in awe! She seemed to observe everything. She even watched the lights overhead as they moved about. The girl was so excited! We enjoyed the show too, but really spent most of the time just watching Lila. This outing was definitely worth it and we will go again. "Melmo" is like another member of the family!



Oh yeah, I was there too (it had been a looooong day!).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Lila had a ball! You have such a beautiful family Elizabeth! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete