Tuesday, May 29, 2012

End of School Festivities

Two weeks ago today, we started Lila's end of school festivities. Ms. Linda had a tea for the mothers (and fathers!) on Tuesday. She presented each of us with a photo album of our darling little ones throughout the year. Tears filled my eyes when I saw how much my baby has grown over the last nine months.


This is Marcus. Marcus loves Lila. His mom says she gets him out of the house by telling him that he's going to see Lila. She has asked about him almost every day since school ended.

Lila has the sweetest dad in the world.
He left work to have tea and sandwiches with us.

Lila's best friend, Anne Grace. Those two girls are quite a pair. They love each other, but often end up in time out for hitting. Girls, go figure.

Thursday meant Water Day. Oh. My. Goodness. Ms. Linda asked for as many parents as possible to join them. She filled up several of the little blue plastic pools, and my friend brought their beach ball sprinkler. Lila was beside herself and Beckett had a great time too.



She seemed surprised each time she ran through the sprinkler and her face got wet.

Beckett could not have been any better. He played by the pool, happily splashing with his little plastic shovel. We dipped his feet in a couple of times, but he was not amused. Something about it being freezing cold...

He is usually such a happy baby!







Then there were popsicles. Woohoo!

Ms. Linda was loving on Beckett and helped him with his popsicle. I think he was mostly excited about the relief for his gums.

A little grass never hurt, right?

Our little Man Man is also a bottomless pit.

Lila was absolutely freezing. She was shaking so hard, but refused to sit with me and warm up. One mother didn't know I was there and was worrying over Lila. I told her there's only so much I can do. My child would rather be cold and play.

We headed back to the classroom and Beckett got to play with the big kids.
Going up the slide was pretty popular.

We ended the day with pizza, one of Lila's top 5 favorite treats.
(side note: she was going through my wallet today and saw my Sam's card. She said, "I want zizza!" Perhaps we go a little too often?)

This has been a fabulous experience and I cannot say enough good things about her preschool and Ms. Linda. She is selfless, giving and so good with the kids and knows how to respond to the most difficult situations. She is supportive and encouraging to us parents. There were many days I sought her advice and/or opinion on some now not as stressful situation. It is priceless to know your little darling is in the care of someone who truly adores her.

Looking forward to the summer program!

No comments:

Post a Comment