Today while going to get gas at Sams:
Lila: "Mommy, my nose hurts."
I looked in the rear view mirror and she is grinning her face off, with the leg of an animal cracker stuck in her nose. The full body was the cracker was hanging down. Nice. Since when do almost 3 year olds have a real sense of humor?
Tuesday, our friends Lydia and Gwen came to play while their mommy had jury duty. The girls are almost the exact same ages as Lila and Beckett. Having all four children was actually easier than just my two, as they entertained one another. At one point, the older girls decided they wanted to watch cartoons.
Lydia: "I want to watch unicorns."
Me: "I don't think we have that one Lyddie."
Lydia: "Do you have an iPad?"
Me: "No, we're a little behind."
Lydia: "Do you have a phone?"
While changing Beckett's diaper on Tuesday, Lydia walked over to supervise. She has a sister and doesn't really see the male anatomy, so she was a little curious. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, as I don't want to embarrass her daddy, but it was funny! I can say that she did not ask detailed questions and I was able to satisfy her with, "That's how God made us." Whew! Not something I need to explain to someone else's child. But this age is great. They ask a question or two and move on. We all know it will come up again, but next time Lydia's mom will be there when it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment