We squeezed in a quick trip to the Pumpkin Patch again this year. Although it's not the most fun I've ever had, the kids enjoy it. That's all that matters, right? Not the dust, stinky animals and ridiculous prices on admission and every little add on. No, the smiles on my babies' faces are all that matter. I mean, who could resist this face?
We played on the playground...
checked out every. single. pumpkin.
Attempted a picture of both. This is the best one. Just imagine the others!
This handsome little guy was so busy the entire time. He wanted to explore everything, all at the same time. When I can remember to slow down and "see things through his eyes", the world looks different. Everything is a new adventure!
The petting zoo was quite popular with the kids, until the miniature horse nipped a hand. Oops!
Camel in the petting zoo at the Pumpkin Patch. Is this common?
Feeding another furry friend.
Lila's school did a Halloween party and my little goblin had to miss it! She came down with a stomach bug, so I had to keep her with me. I signed up to take the snack, so Jared and I slaved away Tuesday night making these. I found them here and loved them. Then I tried to make them. If it weren't for the hubby, Lila's class would not have enjoyed Franken S'mores. After the first one, the marshmallow was too thick, the chocolate wasn't hard enough, the whole thing slid off the stick, and I said, "Forget it!" Super Dad stuck too it and made these:
So cute!! We weren't sure the chocolate would set up enough, so I got up early to make our back up treats. Ghost Meringues!
Halloween night was a little strange. Jared and I do not care for Halloween. It doesn't celebrate anything and by the time you buy costumes and candy for the neighborhood, it isn't cheap. I know, we're big Scrooges. We have just decided not to make a production out of it either way. If the kids want to trick or treat, fine. If not, fine.
That being said, we did not go trick or treating as the little monsters were under the weather. I went to the grocery store while they stayed with Daddy and gave out candy. They LOVED it. Beckett often beat Lila down off the couch (where they were watching Cars. Daddy is so much fun!), and they both raced to the door. They loved seeing the costumes and giving out the candy. Lila would shout "trick treat!" So. Stinking. Cute!








No comments:
Post a Comment