Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dance Machine

To make a long story longer, let me tell you about our recent music selections. We got rid of cable and now have a Roku box. Great decision, we watch less tv, don't spend $80 a month on cable, etc. Roku is Internet based, so we can listen to Pandora through the tv. I've created several children's stations, but finally customized a Veggie Tales station that we love. We've personalized it by "liking" lots of children's Christian music, and it's really a lot of fun to listen to
 
But it has a quirk. We will hear classic VBS songs like "This Little Light of Mine", "I'm in the Lord's Army", mixed with some Veggie Tales silly songs (as well as the VT cd Hosanna, which I highly recommend!), and naturally some Disney slips in (The Lorax has some really funny songs). Then we get "Gangnam Style". Seriously? I'm not sure how that fits in, but Pandora has determined that if you like "Amazing Grace", you must like "Gangnam Style".
 
Apparently Pandora is right, because GS is one of Beckett's favorite songs! He will drop what he's doing and run over to the television to break it down. It. is. hilarious!!
 
 
This video is long and repetitive, but since it is my child, I find it ridiculously adorable. Those who are not entertained by the full length feature, please do not feel guilty. I understand.

*To you are in need of some new music for your children, here are our current favorites:
 
HosannaThis is the Veggie Tales cd. Current praise music, sung by VT characters. LOVE it! I honestly had to wipe a tear from my eye when Larry the Cucumber, Archie Asparagus and Junior sang "Amazing Grace: My Chains are Gone"

Gospel Bible Songs: traditional gospel songs, sung by children. Fabulous!!
 
Action Bible SongsThis one is full of songs that we all sang in VBS when we were little.

No comments:

Post a Comment