Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lila Reads

All my life, I've heard about how my family read to me. A lot. One of my favorite phrases was, "readabook". I could recite The Animals of Farmer Jones at a very early age (up until one minute ago, I thought it was Farmer Brown), much to the delight of my fan club.  Anyway, I've really looked forward to my children "reading" their favorite books, the ones we've read over and over.
 
It happened about two weeks ago. Lila sat down with Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, and starting talking. It didn't take long for us to realize she was getting most of it. Jared and I were completely astounded with her new trick, and I've asked her to read it approximately 1000 times since. (If you haven't heard of AKR and her books, please get in your car, drive to Books A Million, and grab a few. Each one has a great message and provides the parent with an obvious teaching opportunity.)  Here is today's reading:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment