This is our Advent tree. I am ashamed to admit that I do not really know much about Advent. I should learn.
There is a card for each day, containing a Bible verse on one side and an activity on the other. In all honesty, we do not do the cards every day. Some days are hairy and we're just trying to get everyone fed, bathed and in bed. We have done it most days and love it!
I do not like the red clothes pins. I'm going to have to decide on another color for next year.
And the snowman. I copied this from a decoration on Kirklands.com. Theirs was on sale, but out of stock near me. So I drove to Hobby Lobby and bought wreaths (at half off). Add a little spray paint, bells, deco mesh and a hat, and voila! I wanted a top hat, but haven't found one. We have maybe $20 and 20 minutes in this. The kids love it. When Jared got home the day I put it out, Lila grabbed him and said, "Daddy, come here! I have to show you something awesome!"
Thank you Pinterest for making crafts possible, even for super uncreative types like me.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment