While out and about earlier this week, we were listening to Christmas music as usual. Lila was in the backseat asking me, "What's mommy wop?" I really had no idea what she was even saying, much less what she meant. As I continued to ask what, she said, "Why they keep saying mommy wop?"
I then realized we were listening to "Feliz Navidad", or to an almost four year old, "Mommy Wop." I would wonder if I should have her hearing checked, but I never know the words to songs either.
I tried to sound out the title to her, but it sounded terrible with my Southern accent. She replied, "Oh. Will you turn it back on please?"
__________________________________________________________________________
We then headed to Fresh Market for their buy one pound of bacon, get one free deal (highly recommend by the way). I grabbed a sample of orange juice for each child. As we walked through the store, Lila looked disdainfully at her cup and said, "There's hair in my juice." Maybe pulp free next time?
No comments:
Post a Comment