Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cooking with Lila

Lila got this little kitchen for Christmas, and really hasn't shown a lot of interest in it. I moved it to our kitchen a couple of months ago and she's played with it some.....until recently. The kitchen is now one of her favorite toys. She is constantly cooking up hamburger bun, corn and ice cream cone pasta, or reheating hot dog, apple and chicken leg pie. She stirs her soups and washes her dishes with great enthusiasm.


Please also notice the scattered food. While she is an enthusiastic cook, she is not the neatest. Lila has a bucket of play food, as well as a Melissa & Doug set. We pick these up approximately 85 times a day. It's nothing to find a plastic potato under the edge of the cabinet, or a mound of English peas under the couch.


Don't forget to check your pot. You don't want anything to stick!

So much going on! I don't know how she keeps up!

You must taste everything before you serve!

Mommy, I'm trying to work here.

I don't even know what to say about this expression.
This girl cracks me up! 


Try a bite.

Glad you like it! 

It's getting hot in this kitchen!

One more taste?

What do you think?

Dinner in 10!


She will play with this for hours. If I'm completely honest, her favorite part is putting the food in the bucket, then dumping it out again. I'm actually sitting in the middle of the plastic food as I type. While it may not be the most exciting life, it's absolutely wonderful and exactly what I never knew I wanted. I'll eat plastic food any day if I get to be home with Lila!

No comments:

Post a Comment