Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day of School!

Two weeks ago Thursday, Lila started "school". She is attending a church program two days a week and quite frankly, I think she wants more. The school is at our church and she is very familiar with the rooms, although the people are new. Lila doesn't mind. Even on her first day, she ran right in to Miss Linda and started playing. We knew one of her friends would be in the class, and she has undoubtedly charmed the others by now.

Miss Linda is wrangling these wild ones, all five of them (bless her!). She never looks frazzled. I suppose it's because she's been doing this for a while. I, on the other hand, would be a total basket case! She told us the activities ahead include painting with chocolate pudding and "mud day" (cover the floor in paper, let the kids paint with their feet. Lila will be wearing old play clothes on those days!

Even though it's only a few hours a week, I think preschool is important for Lila. She gets tired of looking at me all week and definitely needs the interaction with others. Hopefully, she'll learn to follow direction from other adults and how to get along with varying personalities. Plus, it gives me a little time to snuggle with our new little one, go to the grocery store or, gasp!, shower!!!

Here she is on the first day. She would not pose for me. I had to take what I could get.




1 comment: