Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lila Turns Two!!

On December 30, 2011, our little girl turned TWO! I cannot believe it's been two years since we welcomed this little girl into our lives. Lila has enough personality for roughly 15 two year olds. She is so loving, outgoing and has an amazing sense of humor. She will even tell you she's funny. Seriously, she laughs at something, calms down and says "funny", with this cute little Asian accent. She adds so much to our family and we definitely cannot imagine life without her!

At age two, Lila weighs 25.5 pounds and is 34 1/2 inches tall. Her head is 19 1/2 inches in diameter. She has a little point in her chin when she smiles and has almost all of her teeth. Those pesky two year molars are coming in now!

She is such a happy little girl, almost all the time. Lila will even look at me sometimes and say, "Happy". She is still very much a Daddy's girl, but now shares her love with her brother. She asks for both of them first thing each morning. She is beginning to play with Beckett to some degree, and actually entertained him tonight while I cooked! She wants to be close to him and frequently drops what she's doing to hug (choke) him. He gets more Lila kisses than anyone else in the family.

Lila is so smart! She knows all of her letters, although we can't seem to get her to perform on command. She can count to sixteen on a good day, skipping four and twelve. She is still not interested in her colors, although she will randomly tell me the color of various things. Lila knows many animal sounds, and my favorite is the horse. It's more of a "he he" sound, because I made some strange neighing sound when I taught her (instead of making it easier and simply saying neigh). It's much cuter coming from her. She also scratches her underarms when doing a monkey sound.

Lila is testing her boundaries at every opportunity. Just before her birthday, we were packing to head out of town. I told her to do something, to which she responded, "NO!" I sternly informed her she is not to speak to me that way, so she lowered her voice and said, "No". We went through this cycle again, with her whispering no. One more round and the little stinker actually shook her head no!! I had to turn around so she wouldn't see me laughing. We are glad she is independent, opinionated and strong willed. We want her to be a strong woman one day, even if her childhood costs our sanity.

Our Birthday Girl 


Loving on my baby girl while her cake cooks

Lila and Aunt Tabby

We were visiting my family in Georgia over Lila's birthday. We had quite a celebration for Miss Priss!


Yes, that is a John Deere truck. And she loves it. Dump trucks are great for hauling things like stuffed animals, baby doll bottles, stale goldfish, assorted shoes, crayons, etc.

Oh my sweet Carter-Man. He is just like his mother, loves to open presents. Although he is interested in the contents, he is more excited about actually ripping the paper. I'm pretty sure he tore through all his Christmas presents in approximately 5 seconds. Lila was only on present number two when Carter started "helping". Imagine his dismay when Lila was opening presents on her birthday.

He handled it well though.

The Lion King is Lila's new favorite "show". (I do have concerns about the climactic fight scene at the end. I try to distract her before Simba rounds Pride Rock to battle Uncle Scar.) Anyway, Jared and I needed some little something for her to unwrap from us on her birthday. Since I am not a fan of stuffed animals or character merchandise, you can imagine my surprise when I somehow found myself wrapping these:

They make her happy, so we can make an exception, right?

This was our attempt at a family photo. Out of the 8 or so shots Erin took, not a one had all four of us looking at the camera. Maybe when the kids are older, but I'm in no rush for that!
 

Happy Second Birthday, Lila! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment