Thank God it all turned out so incredibly well. Beckett arrived, safe and sound. I may have to take blood pressure pills when I'm older, but let me tell you, he was worth it!
On Thursday night, we drove to Foley and had dinner with my mom and Terry. Our waitress was great with the kids and asked if we wanted a cake. Since it was free, we said, "Of course!" I mean, who turns down free cake? To say Beckett was excited is a gross understatement.
He watched in awe as the candle approached. He tried to grab the candle. We all screamed, "No!" He smiled.
Then he dove in. I tried to get pictures of him with Lila, Granna and Papa...
... but Beckett had more important things to worry about.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the night.
He just kept eating and eating and
eating. He seemed quite pleased with himself.
As usual, Lila wanted to love on her brother.
Here's our motley crew. We had a great dinner! Most of the fun was watching Beckett eat the cake. It's the little things in life.
I told Jared that Beckett's Birthday is also a celebration for us. We survived an entire year with two children. Part of that year, both of them were under two. Whew! I feel like we competed in the Olympics. Every day was an event, and most still are. Beckett is the cutest, sweetest little guy in the world and we are so grateful he is in our lives. What an amazing surprise!







No comments:
Post a Comment