A while back, my friend Ashley did
a blog post about one of her favorite treats, the mini ice cream cone. If she weren't such a wonderful person, I would be very upset with her for exposing me to this itty bitty bite-and-a-half of tastiness. Ever since I saw the pictures of the delicious chocolate shell, covering the sweet vanilla ice cream, served in a tiny, crunchy, chocolate-in-the-bottom waffle cone, I had to have them. Well guess what, I'm not the only fan! After nap time one day recently, I covered the kiddos in protective gear and let them go.
Like her father, Lila must examine everything. She carefully examines the chocolate for cracks and weighs the risks. Will she lose any of the precious chocolate with the next bite? What location on the ice cream will give her a perfect ratio of chocolate, peanut bit and ice cream? Is she ready for a bit of cone? Decisions, decisions.
Beckett just eats.
The analysis complete, she cautiously goes in for more. Lila savors her sweet treats for the longest time! She enjoys every single drip of sugary goodness. (This is post-nap hair. Yes, she is going for a Young Einstein-ish do. Don't be jealous.)
Beckett kept eating. He finished the entire cone before Lila ate her ice cream. I think he wanted me to get the flash out of his face so he could enjoy his treat. We no longer bother with a towel or bib when he gets ice cream. He can polish it off in less time than it takes to find a clean kitchen towel around here. Seriously.
The kiddos aren't incredibly picky around here. They just like ice cream, and almost anything will do. Clean up takes a while, but I can't complain. They get so excited just hearing the rustling of the plastic wrapper. Quite honestly, I do too.
No comments:
Post a Comment