Lila's prayer at dinner last night, "God, help me not eat this stuff." It was red beans and rice. It's delicious and she usually likes it. Apparently she was not interested last night.
"gobbles" - eye coverings that you wear under water. Some people may refer to them as goggles, but I bet those people don't have as much fun as Lila.
juice bottle - a great treat after t-ball (small bottle of Gatorade). The promise of a juice bottle is how we got her to go willingly to her last t-ball game.
butter and jehwe - Lila's absolutely favorite meal. The girl would eat PB&J three times a day if I would let her!
To a young boy at the pool Tuesday: "Hey Little Guy!" The boy was 7 or 8ish.
Beckett hasn't yet entered the comedic phase of toddler language development. Of course he's absolutely adorable when he talks, don't get me wrong. He did tell me "no want it" when I tried to give him some fever reducer last week. I don't like medicine either, so I understood. Unfortunately, his fever was in the 103s, so we snuck the medicine into his juice.
Beckett is, however, in the defiant phase that I believe lasts forever. As he and Lila fought over her umbrella last week, I told him he could either give it back to Lila or go to time out. He stopped, looked up at me and said, "Time out." I turned my head to hide my grin, then repeated his choices. Again, he said, "Time out." Great. I hate it when they call me out.
He sings the song from The Lorax, "How Bad Can I Be?" We need video!
He is saying "I potty" these days! B is very interested in using the potty and sometimes will tell us when he needs to potty. woohoo! We might get a raise soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment