Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Day of School - Fall 2013

So BOTH of my babies started preschool a few weeks ago. Due to Beckett's August birthday, he was eligible for the three day program. No wading in at two days for him! (Our "young two" class gets to start as long as they turn two during the school year. Lila started in the young two class.)

I stressed about three days. I stressed about Lila going three days last year. Let me tell you, I was the only one concerned. My two maniacs love school, as well they should. We've been so blessed with wonderful people who genuinely know and care for Lila and Beckett. The teachers and our awesome director get to know the children's personalities. They help me as much, if not more than the children! They always take time to discuss any concerns I may have (usually about my parenting). I appreciate our preschool even more because they act as my surrogate family. My biggest complaint about living in Fairhope is being so far from my loved ones. It truly helps to have these people who have become my "extended family".

Anyway, I digress. Back to the wee ones.

Lila has one of our favorite people, Ms. Megan. Megan has been a fan of Lila since L started school way back in August of 2011. She is energetic and outgoing, and adores our little girl. Megan can also deal with Lila's feisty attitude! (It takes a special person. The girl is more like me than is good for her.) She is thriving in her class, and loving her first year with a special music session! She comes home singing songs and telling me about playing with Stella and Hudson and Tucker and Mae and everyoneelseintheentireclass. Loves it.

Beckett has Ms. Linda. What to say about Ms. Linda. Lila started preschool with Ms. Linda, so we got to know each other then. Linda is just one in a million. She loves those babies and deals with them in a way that makes me just want to sit and take notes. I think she puts super nanny to shame. She is currently dealing with Beckett going through a biting phase. Turning two flipped a switch in Man Man, and he's lost his mind. He is biting when he's angry! The little piranha caught a little boy Monday. Linda and Ms. Terry punished him appropriately, but were quick to remind me that it is part of being two. Don't worry! I swear they are there for the parents as much as the children. Preschool has also helped Beckett get over his anxiety of nursery. He now walks right in to nursery on Sundays, and doesn't even whimper. I'm glad he is around more children his age, and under the direction of another adult. Poor boy needed to get away from Mommy directing his every move.

Both children get to stay an extra hour, once a week, for lunch. They get so excited and always want to carry in their lunch boxes. It's adorable. Lunch day is a big deal, both for Mommy and Kiddos.

 
The picture above is the best one from the first day. These are the ones that didn't make the cut. I can count on one hand the number of pictures I have of them looking at the camera.



Aaaaand Beckett's all done.


 When we arrived, they would not look at me. They were ready to play! Beckett did insist on carrying his bag....for about 1 minute.







 Lila was much too busy playing to smile for pictures. At least this time she didn't tell me I wasn't supposed to be there. 


 Beckett jumped right in!


It makes me feel good to know they're safe and loved, and I can get a few minutes quiet. Grocery shopping is so nice now that school is back in session! Now if I could just make myself clean the house....

No comments:

Post a Comment