Thursday, September 9, 2010

Potential Big News

No, I'm not expecting. There is other big news for old, boring and married people you know!!

Three weeks ago, Jared received an offer that we really can't refuse.  HOAR has recently opened an office in Mobile. Right now, there are only 2 people in it. Jared has been asked to be the third. "They" (I will refer to they throughout this. "They" are the higher powers in HOAR Program Management) are very impressed with Jared, the quality of his work and want him in Mobile! I wasn't really surprised, since I know Jared is amazing, but I was happy to hear that they know it too. I am incredibly proud of my wonderful husband and am very excited about the opportunities that accompany this offer.

Unfortunately, I quickly realized how far away the Eastern Shore (Spanish Fort, Daphne, Fairhope - where we would live) is from my family. I adore my family. Like, talk to them several times a week, just to chat, get together for nearly every single birthday and whenever we feel the urge adore my family.

This move will put me an additional hour from my dad, who is now close enough for a day trip. He has come to Birmingham several times to help out with home improvement projects, to help with Lila or just to visit. Lila and I can make day trips fairly easily for a little Grandpa Time or just for no special occasion.

We will be an additional 3 hours from my mom, making it a total of 7 hours. 7 hours! Seriously??? How can I do that? It's so bizarre to think of what a tortured teenager I was. I thought my mother was so cruel and lived to make my live youknowwhat. Never in my wildest teenage dreams did I think I would need her so much. She has been my rock more times than I can count. Knowing how I've changed gives me hope for surviving Lila's teenage years!

My parents and sisters adore Lila and want to be involved in her life. I feel so guilty knowing I will be taking her further away from them. Fortunately for me, my family is incredibly supportive. While they want us to be close, preferably next door, they understand Jared & I must make the best decision for our own family. I really couldn't do this without their support. Plus, they are almost as proud of Jared as I am, and certainly just as encouraging.

Then there are all the wonderful people we will leave in the Ham. We have made some very special friends, some only recently, and we will miss each of them. Any time Jared comes here for meetings, Lila and I will tag along to visit!

On the bright side, it is an exciting adventure. We get to go somewhere new, meet new people, get a new house and just explore! Lila is still so young, moving isn't very traumatic for her. (I figure we have until middle school before that, right?) Since Jared is from Orange Beach, he has lots of friends in the area, not to mention his parents. This isn't just a career move for Jared and I am excited for him!

This isn't set in stone. Please pray that we make the decision God would have us make and that He guides us through the transition. It could be great, but we still need some guidance!

Here's a picture of Lila, because I know that's what you really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment