When we visited the pediatrician Tuesday, we discussed starting Lila on more solid foods. We were eager to do this, but wanted a little extra reassurance. Dr. Stone was all for it, so we whipped out the rice cereal for dinner. It is a pretty foul mixture, but must be conquered, so we forged ahead. Lila wasn't very sure at first, but quickly got used to the spoon in her mouth.
Waiting patiently for....something. Not sure what just yet.
First bite. What is this stuff?
Well maybe just one more bite.
We did the cereal the rest of the week and she did fine. Unfortunately for her, she didn't really love it. So Saturday we thought we would try something new. We bought peas, carrots and sweet potatoes - one jar of each. We started with the sweet potatoes and I went back to the store on Sunday for more. She LOVED it. Like, loved it so much I thought she might lick the bowl. I put just over 2 teaspoons in her bowl (approximately half of a small jar) and she ate every single bit. She probably would have eaten more, but I didn't want to push it. She has to drink her milk before bed!
She did get tired during the feeding and kept rubbing her eyes. She wears her food well.
Next up: Pureed Peas!
No comments:
Post a Comment