We had a great visit and I was thrilled to get to see these two women who mean so much to me. Four generations, from left to right:
Me, Mom (holding Lila), MawMaw
I hope my mom doesn't kill me for posting this, but I have this photo on our fridge. It's a scan of a copy of an old grainy photo (this was the early 80s people), but I love it! Check out my mom's Farrah hairdo.
After that, we went to my Aunt Joy's house. She and her husband Frank cooked out burgers and called it my First Mother's Day celebration. Joy and I have always been close; she calls me her firstborn. (She has a son who is a few years younger than I and I'm pretty sure I thought I was his mother - yes, I've always been bossy). My dad and his friend, accompanied by her daughter, joined us and we had a great visit. My father would have disowned me if I'd been that close to his house and not taken his precious Lila to see him.
Thanks for dinner Joy & Frank! We enjoyed it!
Shout out to Erin - it's her first Mother's Day too! This is her little one, my darling nephew Carter. He turns 1 next month. I can't believe it's been a year since he arrived! He is the happiest baby I've ever seen and completely lights up a room with his most infectious smile.
Another shout out to my mother-in-law. Thank you for my wonderful husband - I don't know what you did, but you did an excellent job! I hope you have a fabulous day!
And last but certainly not least, my little one. Because of her, I am blessed to be called Mommy. I adore being her mother, even on the worst days.
Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day to you, Elizabeth! It sounds like you had a great day! :)
ReplyDelete~ Tamisha