In the great Disney classic Peter Pan, the fearless leader said, "When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
Well, a fairy was born last Thursday!! The evening started with Jared's first softball game of the season. It was at 6, so Lila and I were able to attend. Afterwards, I went to pick up dinner while Jared brought her home for bathtime. When I walked in the door, I thought I heard a little giggle, but wasn't quite sure. Keep in mind that we've been trying to get this baby to laugh for the last 2 months. And by trying, well, let's just say I'm glad the batteries are dead in the Flip. It would be serious blackmail.
Anyway, Jared yelled (in a voice I'm sure he hasn't used since puberty), "She just laughed!" I nearly tripped over my own feet trying to get to her room. I got to hear the sweet giggle another time before she realized we were trying too hard.
She has since laughed a few more times, for Jared and for my dad. I finally got a chuckle yesterday. I imagine my hair had something to do with it though. I am getting batteries for the Flip and will try to capture her on tape. In the meantime, here's one you've already seen, but it's worth re-posting.

No comments:
Post a Comment