Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trip to Tennessee

Whew! Ok, I'm behind. It's been a busy two weeks!

Weekend before last was spent just outside of Nashville, visiting Jared's brother Randy and his family. We got in around 9:30 Friday and had a great time. We got to see our nephew Kamron play baseball on Saturday morning. He was amazing! Kam played a few different positions, including pitcher, and got in some rather impressive hits. Even though his team didn't win this one, Kam played so well and we are VERY proud!!





After the game, we went back to the house and sat around the rest of the day (well, except Randy and Katrina. They cooked all afternoon to feed the crew!).  I got to chat with my favorite sister-in-law while Jared played ping pong and caught up with his big brother.

Speaking of ping pong, here are the bros. See any resemblance?

Randy & Katrina have 3 of the most wonderful children in the world. Ashton is the oldest and is 15. She is far and away the best teenager I've ever met. She's polite, considerate, smart and soooo good with her little brother and sister. I'm pretty sure I wasn't that nice when I was her age (Mom, no comments please). Kamron is next and he is 10. Kamron is smarter than many adults I know. He continuously surprises me and did so again this weekend. How many boys his age care about family time, much less dealing with the babies? Kamron was so sweet with Lila! He played with her, talked to her and even asked to hold her several times. It was adorable!! Then there's Miss Karlee. She is so loving and generous. She too played with Lila most of the weekend and Lila loved it. Karlee even asked her mom if she could give Lila her Baby Einstein DVD. Since Karlee is such a big girl (first grade!), she no longer needs the DVD and wanted her little cousin to have it. So sweet!

Karlee with her baby cuz

Ashton was showing off on her roller blades. She's REALLY good! 


We enjoyed our weekend very much. Thanks for taking care of us! We love you all!


I think they need one more, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the nice, but correct statements about our wonderful children. :) Randy

    ReplyDelete