Four months seems to be the magic age for Miss Lila. She's learning so much and doing many new things. For instance, I can lay her down on the play mat without her losing her mind and screaming as if I'm abusing her. I mean really, it's hard to be the baby. All these people holding you all the time, feeding you, bathing you, walking around bouncing and swaying like an intoxicated ape. Poor little thing.
Anyway, so she lays on the mat and grabs at the toys hanging down. She loves the star that lights up and plays music. She particularly loves to talk to it. I suppose it's more interesting than Jared and I.
Lila really isn't aware that she is a baby. When we visited my mom and grandmother over the weekend, she watched her cousins intently as they toddled around the house. I think she was plotting her future exploits. She pulls herself up using our fingers for balance and can stand for a while before falling to her knees. She constantly tries to sit up and always wants to see the action.
On Mother's Day, she hit another milestone. Lila rolled over! Jared got up with her and let me sleep until a ridiculously late hour. When I was waking at the crack of noon, he came running into the bedroom saying our daughter had just rolled over! He was in the kitchen while she played on the mat (I swear we don't just leave her there all the time). When he came back in the living room, she was on her stomach. She rolled over several more times, but was always too fast for my camera.
She's changing so much each day; I can't keep up! She'll be walking by the time I finish this post!
No comments:
Post a Comment