The week of July 4th, some very special friends came to visit. Tee and Melissa introduced me to Jared six and a half years ago. The rest is history! They have also since married and have a six month old daughter, Leah. She really made me miss the little baby stage. She is the happiest, most laid back baby. We loved having them visit. It's been too long since we've seen them!
We were pretty lazy at the beginning of their visit. Jared had to work, so Tee, Melissa and Leah loaded up and headed to the beach. Leah was not amused. I remember taking Lila when she was about that age, and it was not an enjoyable experience. Like us, Leah is a pool kind of girl, so we tagged along with some more friends to the pool at The Colony.
I was a horrible mother all week and didn't take many pictures. Most of what I took was of Lila, at the pool that one day. I know, I have to do better.
Juice and cookies poolside. Does it get any better?
Lila enjoyed carrying buckets of water out of the pool over to the lounge area.
Mommy loves a zero entry pool. It makes pool time much less stressful.
I'm not sure why she had to taste the watering can.
Apparently it was pretty bland.
On Friday, we had a cook-out with more dear friends, then headed back to Orange Beach on Saturday. We had a lazy evening Saturday, since Tee & Fam had a long drive the next day. Lila completely tortured Leah the whole weekend. She wanted to point (or poke!) out her eyes, hug her to death, kiss her face, or simply commandeer her toys. Lila never really got into a lot of baby toys, the swing, the bouncer/exersaucer thing, the walker, but was obsessed when Leah was here. We had to hide the walker to keep Lila's 22 pounds from bending it! Lila did seem to love Leah though, and that made us very happy. When we walked into the house each time, she would immediately yell, "Baby! Baby!" We'll see how she feels about one living in her home full-time!
Leah is seriously the most easy going baby. She was an absolute angel the whole visit. The only time I saw her get upset was when she could see her bottle, but it was not in her mouth. That's my kind of gal - serious about her food!
Melissa and I did remember to snap a few pictures of the kiddos before they headed out on Sunday. Here is Leah's sweet face. I had to fight the urge to squeeze those adorable cheeks!
Begging her parents to please get her out of this nuthouse!
We had a great weekend and it only reminded me of how much I miss all our friends and family. I wish someone would invent a teleporter so we could see them more often!!
Thanks for making the trip guys!! We enjoyed it more than you know!
No comments:
Post a Comment