Monday, July 18, 2011

What You've Been Waiting For

I cannot believe I'm doing this. I am now 34 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and 30+ pounds heavier. This baby is HUGE! At my last appointment, a week and a half ago, his estimated weight was 5.5 pounds. My doctor says that based on the estimates, he could easily be 9 pounds full term (not that either of us thinks I'll make it 40 weeks). Yikes! He is super active, constantly abusing my poor hips and ribs. I'm pretty sure he's really going to be Lila's current size when he's born!

We haven't decided on a name, but are 97% sure on one. We only have a couple of very important items left on our purchase list, and we are now trying to finish the bedrooms. Lila has a toddler bed and we're working on transitioning. She loves to crawl in and out of it, but is not yet ready to sleep. She actually did go to sleep in it Saturday, but that only lasted for an hour. She loves her crib! Any tips?

Ok, so here I am in all my glory. You like the pirate pants, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. we put the toddler bed in the same place that the crib was in (not the cutest place in the room) and i laid him the same way in it. we used the same sheets and had the same stuffies in it. that way he felt like it was still his crib. jack never once got out of it on his own until recently (after his nap). this seemed to work great for us. jack hates change and with this one he didn't even seem to notice. we have moved his bed to a new place in his room now, but he still makes us put his head the wrong way because that is how he has always laid. we didn't make a big deal about it. we just acted like nothing had ever changed and did the same routine at night. i actually still call it his crib :)

    ReplyDelete