Jared's latest project was one technically for Lila, but it sure made this mama happy! I love the dollhouse bookcases formerly seen here and currently seen here. Who knows how much the Pottery Barn one used to be, although I found ONE used on Ebay for $325 and I know The Land of Nod one is $299. Both are adorable, but needless to say, we were not paying $300+ for a bookshelf. This is where Jared comes in and saves the day!
Jared can figure out anything. Seriously, anything. He is so patient and researches until he is comfortable with the proposed repair/project/etc. He walks through it in his mind and then sketches it out on paper. Being the perfectionist that he is, he never rushes. This used to cause arguments between us. I wanted him to hurry up and let's move on to the next item on the list. Thankfully, I (finally) learned to be quiet and leave him alone. He does things correctly, which is MUCH more important. Jared measures multiple times before making a cut or driving a nail, and puts careful thought into each task. The results are a million times better than anything I would ever do, even if I knew how to drive said nail!
Another thing I love about this particular handyman is his patience with our little assistant. Lila couldn't wait to help her favorite person!
Don't worry, she never touched the nail gun. Daddy moved quickly.
She helped with the clamps, although she really preferred the glue.
I have a hard time telling what this angle this is. I think the top is to the right of the picture.
Thank goodness we had Lila to hold up this giant piece of (already nailed) wood!
Assembly complete, ready for paint!
The finished product!! Isn't it fabulous?? It's exactly what we wanted and will be so cute in Lila's new room! Not to mention, the cost was way less than the others and it was custom built for Lila by Daddy!
Lila was eager to test the shelves. She started with her juice and I saw a stuffed animal relaxing on the middle shelf. We tried to show her it's for books, but will have to work on that once it's in its proper place.
She had just put the book back on the shelf and we were celebrating. She loves praise and clapping for Lila!
Daddy and his girl (and make no mistake, she is most certainly Daddy's Girl).
*If any of you are interested in turning your husbands into Handy Daddies, the plans for this bookshelf can be found here. There are some other super cute projects on this website too!
That is freaking fantastic!!!! He should make and sell them on Craigslist.
ReplyDelete