Lila is a whirlwind. She is so curious about absolutely everything! She doesn't eat as much, but still eats a variety. She loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pierogies, grapes, basically any pasta, chicken, beans, potatoes, nearly everything you put in front of her. It's wonderful to be able to serve her what we eat. I'm now sure how we would survive if she were picky! She drinks plenty of milk and, I confess, I occasionally give her chocolate milk. She loves (watered down) apple juice, sometimes likes orange juice and LOVES a Capri Sun on special occasions.
Much like the walking situation, she constantly whips out words we didn't know she could say. She says the usual, mama, dada, bye, hi, down, uh oh, dog, along with shoes, read, book, duck, all done, eat, bite, juice, "melmo" (Elmo), thank you (sometimes on command now!), diaper, poo poo (gross I know, but I look forward to her telling me that so she can use the potty), ball, beads, and I can't even remember what else. It's a long list. The best part is, she knows how to use them. She understands "hi" and "bye", asks to go down (stairs) in the mornings, etc.
Lila follows commands well, sometimes! She will bring things to you, close various doors and understands to turn off things, like the tub. She doesn't always do it, but definitely understands. The girl has a temper. I'd hoped she would inherit Jared's calm temperament, but unfortunately for her and us, she got mine. For example, if she can't get a book off the shelf, she whines and yanks it over and over, never looking to see that it's catching on the lip at the bottom. Lila is very impatient. When she is finished eating, she wants down and out. Restaurants have become an exhausting adventure. She has entered the "terrible twos" that apparently start around 16 or 17 months. If we tell her no or stop her from something, she goes limp and throws an all out fit. We try to lay her down softly and walk away. She's gotten to where she just lays down now when she's angry, with limited crying. The biggest problem is when she does it in public. How do you respond appropriately in the middle of a store?? (seriously, advice is appreciated.)
She is still the most social child I've ever seen. In stores, she will stand up and shout "Hi" to everyone! Lila could easily put the Wal-Mart greeter out of a job. She LOVES other children. She nearly smothered my friend's nine month old in kisses last week. He was not amused. The nursery workers at church seem to enjoy having her around, which makes us feel great.
Finally, she is still very much a daddy's girl. She gets so excited when she hears the garage door each afternoon, squealing and running to meet him. Although I can get a little jealous, I am so thankful she adores him and has such a wonderful example of a father and husband. She will be well equipped when the time comes to choose her spouse (many, many years from now).
There is so much more to Miss Lila Elizabeth, but the blog only supports so much. She constantly amazes us and brings so much happiness to our lives. Although raising children is the hardest job anyone will ever have, it is easily the most rewarding.
Lila had her 18 month check a little early, on June 13th. We had to go for a follow up on her first ear infection, so Dr. Breslin decided to go ahead with her inspection. Naturally, the little stinker wouldn't respond to any of her questions (find your ears, nose, etc), even though she has a million times!
The stats:
Weight: 22.4lbs (28th percentile)
Height: 31 1/4" (48th percentile)
Head: 19" (90th percentile)
I won't comment on the head measurement. Let's just say that she takes after her daddy!
Newborn - January, 2010
Six Months - June 2010
One Year - December, 2010
Eighteen Months - June, 2011



No comments:
Post a Comment