The house was amazing, and right on the beach. By right on the beach, I mean there were no obstructions between us and the beautiful sandy shore, just what seemed like a mile of Sahara temperature white sand. Each day, we trudged across with our gear. Each day, we left more of that gear on the beach. We had tailgate tents set up to protect the kiddos (and me!), so we left the frames and inflatable pool (best idea ever if you have small children). The next day, we left the toys in the pool. The day after that, we left our chairs. By Thursday, we were only carrying our cooler of water, Capri Suns and string cheese. Walking on sand is a great workout and our legs look awesome!
On Sunday, we checked the weather and saw a week of cloudy skies and thunderstorms. I wasn't too worried about clouds, but we did worry about storms. Fortunately, the predictions were wrong and we enjoyed beautiful weather all week. The kids loved being outside and our little Lila got braver each day. By the end of the week, she wanted to walk straight out into the ocean (sans hat of course!), as long as you were holding her hands. Talk about a nervous mommy! I kept picturing the undertow taking her out to sea!
My wonderful hubby and family were on top of entertaining Lila. Since I currently weigh a million pounds with this baby, it's difficult to jump up, run after her on the beach and play in the water. Everyone was great about taking her to the water and letting her splash around. I only had to carry her up to the house once, and that was because Mom and Erin were hauling the aforementioned gear. Mom and Terry babysat one afternoon so Erin and I could hit the outlets, then again so Jared and I could go to the doctor for another ultrasound. It was great to know Lila was loved and looked after so well. Thank you Family!!!! I appreciate it more than you know!
We had a great week and it ended much too quickly. We're already looking forward to next year!
Erin suggested we bring baby pools to put under the tents. BEST IDEA EVER! (at least while Lila wasn't interested in the ocean anyway)
This was how Lila decided to get out of the pool. She would grab handfuls of sand in the process, then shake it everywhere once she was up.
Erin & Carter (and Terry!) relaxing on the beach.
Carter striking a pose.
Erin & Lila in the water. For the 492nd time that morning.
Carter-Man turned 2 on June 3, so we had a little celebration for him. Mostly he ripped into his presents while we enjoyed the cupcakes
Another truck-truck! His favorite!
Lila really enjoyed Carter's presents
Love this little cutie!
We were up by 6:30 EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. When you're 17 months old, you get to go back to sleep in Daddy's arms whenever you're ready.
A log washed up on shore in front of our set up. Lila would not walk around it, only over it. She insisted on sitting on it many times. Carter was curious what all the fuss was about.
We tried to take the obligatory family pictures at dusk one night. Lila was all over Carter all week, but we could not get them together for pictures! What is that about??
Trying to walk like Mommy. Notice the lean back.
I debated posting this, but it's so far away, you can't see my huge pregnant face up close. My nose is widening and my cheeks are "full". This is the best I could do at 29 weeks pregnant.
Oh, and my wide bottom. But aren't my hubby and baby cute??
Carter loves his Uncle Jared and ran off to grab his other hand. So sweet!
Lila was prepared to run into the water, but thankfully Daddy managed to grab her.



Those pictures look so good. And you look so cute pregnant!!
ReplyDeleteI do LOVE the bows in her hair. Too cute!!
ReplyDeleteis your hair darker? It looks good! I miss you guys!
ReplyDelete