Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chillin' On Sesame Street

Lila does not watch television regularly, or at all for that matter. While I don't intend to make it part of her everyday routine, I now LOVE Sesame Street! I didn't watch it as a child and really had no interest either way.  On Friday, something compelled me to turn on APTV. One of the characters was in the midst of a song about the letter X and Lila was instantly mesmerized.  Since I was starving half to death, I pulled out her Einstein jumper, set her up and let her watch a few minutes. I listened the entire time and each skit included counting, colors or basic words with definitions. (This probably isn't new to most of you, but I've never seen it.) To top it off, Jason Mraz performed!  Ok, so maybe I was more entertained than Lila. Anyway, after a few minutes I found her sitting like this:


(her legs aren't quite long enough for her feet to touch the floor, so we put a tv tray under her)

So while it won't be an everyday thing, we will definitely enjoy Sesame Street on occasion. Particularly when breakfast is calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment