Friday evening, we loaded up again and headed to Toccoa. We made a pit stop in Atlanta to pick up my sister Lauren. She flew in from her new home in Colorado to celebrate our nephew's first birthday. We finally made it to my mom and Terry's house around 12:30 a.m., way past our normal boring bedtime. Lila slept well, but was ready to go bright and early. The rest of us were zombies and enjoyed a leisurely day at the pool.
The water was a little cool for the little one
And she's outgrown her sunglasses!
She finally adjusted and enjoyed relaxing in her float.
On the other hand, Carter was much braver and really enjoyed the water.
And wore himself out!
He was resting up for his big day! On Sunday, we arrived at Carter's house to this:
More gifts came in after we arrived. Carter-Man definitely racked up.
Carter is confused. He's now encouraged to play with his food???
He got over it pretty quickly.
Testing out the swing
Of all the gifts, he was initially set on the bottle of Mr. Bubbles. He whined when his mom took it away.....to show him more gifts!
Then he found the car. The rest was history. He didn't give anything else a second glance.
Lila just wondered why someone else was getting all the attention!
We had a great weekend that, as usual, went by much too quickly. Every time I'm around my family, I'm reminded how much I miss them. I hate missing out on day to day things, but really try to take advantage of the time we do have. Maybe I will eventually convince one of them to move to Bham!

No comments:
Post a Comment