Friday, June 25, 2010

What Parents Will Pay

Today I bought the most absurd thing you could ever imagine. Yes friends, I bought a Sophie Giraffe. Oh I'd heard about Sophie. I've even seen a Sophie or two in my day, but I resolved never to buy the ridiculous rubber dog toy. That was before I had a teething baby screaming her head off and drooling all over our little home.

I ran into a friend last week who said Sophie was far and away her son's favorite toy. She said he would gnaw on poor Sophie for hours. They even lost Sophie once and said she immediately bought another.  When I commented on how pricey they are, her husband said Sophie is worth $2,000. So, I went for it.

Lila and I loaded up and drove to Buy Buy Baby. We wandered around for a while and made our purchase. Fortunately I had a coupon, so that made it a little easier! We came straight home and I must admit, Sophie is pretty popular!


Imagine my shock and dismay when Lila chose the pita chip bag over poor ol' Sophie.


Seriously? I could have saved $15!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but that pita chip bag will get empty, and Sophie won't. Elliott LOVED her Sophie!

    ReplyDelete