Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Monday Madness

Whew! Lila and I are exhausted!  We had a very busy, but very fabulous day yesterday. I woke up early and started getting ready for our trip to Opelika. I kept thinking my almost six month old daughter would wake up at any moment, but no. She snoozed until 9:45! When she finally opened those beautiful blue eyes, I scooped her up, changed her clothes and began the journey down 280.

Lila and I spent the day with my dad and my youngest sister, Tabitha.  We had lunch at Little Italy (aren't you jealous Jill?)! I ate there all the time in Athens and am ecstatic there's now one in Auburn. LOVE their subs and pizza; it's always a tough choice. Dad's little angel was sleepy, so he walked around with her while Tabby and I ate. Seriously?? I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have happened when I was her age! I love to see Dad with Lila.  He seems to have unlimited patience and never tires of her. Being a grandfather just suits him.

We headed over to the party.....my cousin's birthday party. Josh is my Aunt Joy's only child and the only male out of the last 6 grandchildren (my dad is the baby of 10 - there are LOTS of grandchildren). Poor Joshie had to deal with us girls bossing him all his life. Well, mostly just me but whatever.  Anyway, we had yummy pizza from Brick Oven and the most divine homemade peach ice cream. Our friend Susan has the recipe down. She would be a wealthy woman if she chose to sell it!

Josh and his wife, Sarah, are moving to Lexington, KY at the end of summer. Josh starts work on his PhD at UK this fall.  He's always been in Auburn/Opelika and I can't imagine him being so far away. While we are all very excited and proud, we will miss them both so much. Thank goodness for cell phones and internet!

Sarah and Tabitha holding Her Majesty

I'm not certain Josh has ever held a baby, but he made an exception for Lila.

Josh and Sarah "practicing" for family photos

Lila and I didn't get home until 10:30, which is waaaaay past our bedtime.  Lila was so worn out from all the activities that she slept until 10:40 this morning (she woke up at 5:30 and 8:00 to eat). She loves a good party, but needs to work on her recovery time.

No comments:

Post a Comment