Jared, Lila and I came home on Thursday before Christmas. We were looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home, just the three of us. That is exactly what we had.
We had to make a pit stop on our way home.
Lila seized the moment to practice her driving.
I got up early Christmas Eve to head to the grocery store. Four stops and an empty wallet later, I was home. Jared and I decided to do something non-traditional for Christmas Even dinner and finally settled on spaghetti. Once I threw the necessary ingredients in the crock-pot, we had to do a few chores and errands before getting ready for church.
I think Lila enjoyed the spaghetti.
We decided to attend the last traditional service at Fairhope UMC. I'd heard about the candlelight service, ending with Silent Night. We just knew it would be a memorable night, our first Christmas Eve service as a family. Well, it was, memorable that is. We did manage to arrive just before service started and found seats in the balcony. We thought this would be better, since it was less crowded and Lila could move around without distracting the entire sanctuary. She was very good for the first half of the service. She would randomly laugh out loud, but we figured a little chuckle wasn't too bad. During a solo, Lila decided to let out a cackle. Unfortunately for the soloist, we were sitting right behind the man recording her performance. Oops! She now has Lila as a background singer.
The Cheerios and puffs made an appearance and we made it just into the beginning of the sermon. At this point, Lila was tired and ready to go. Jared had to walk out with her and I enjoyed my candle and Silent Night all by myself. Oh well, not everything goes according to plan when you have a little one. It was still an uplifting service and we are so glad we went.
Jared remembered that we have a tripod. We should really use it more often.
Christmas morning started out with more gifts. Santa found our new house and left Lila even more presents!
Lila examined her loot.
Deceptively Delicious! We love veggies as they are, but I'm looking for ways to get in more servings.
There are some really great recipes in here!
I finally got Jared a new visor from Craft Farms. His was approximately 100 years old.
I can't tell you what we did the rest of the day. I know we ate, napped and played. We gave Lila her bath, read the (real) Christmas story and put her to bed. It was a calm, quiet, glorious day and I am so grateful to have spent it with these two.
Your house is enormous!!! Glad Lila had a good Christmas. I like her backpack. Lots of little girls at school have that same one. It's so cute!
ReplyDelete