The stats:
Weight: 17.9lbs (4th percentile)
Height: 30" (76th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 1/4 " (83rd percentile)
Still long and thin. Lila LOVES bananas, Sesame Street, squash, pierogies (potato and cheese stuffed pasta), her daddy and anything electronic (and she knows the difference between real and baby/no batteries/etc). She naps so much better than she used to. Crying it out was the turning point for us. She eats a huge dinner around 6 or 6:30, gets a bath, then bed by 8. She goes to sleep fairly well and stays there until 7:15, usually on the dot. She is completely weaned now and in retrospect, it was pretty easy. The first couple of days were difficult and there was a awful lot of crying. She did not want that cold milk! We had to change our routine and she adjusted quickly. Lila had her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich yesterday, and to say she loved it would be an understatement. I cut some of it and gave it to her right then. She inhaled it before I could finish cutting the rest of the sandwich and whined for more! So yes, still has a very healthy appetite. I'm just relieved she doesn't have a peanut allergy. It was a worrisome few minutes for this mama!
She is an incredibly social child and has no stranger anxiety. Case in point: Friday was her first day at "school" (I don't know what else to call it). One of the local churches does a Reservation Nursery. You choose two Fridays a month and leave your child there from 9-1. One of her teachers came to the door and smiled at Lila. My little girl held out her arms and reached for Miss Valerie, never looking back at me. While I'm glad she's so well adjusted, it would be nice if she would at least glance back or wave or something! Before I left the church, Lila was on the floor with the other children. Oh, and Lila was the youngest child there by at least 6 months. You would never know. She is such a busy body and jumped right in the mix. Once again, everyone raved about what an easy baby she is, how well she played and how much she enjoyed the other children.
She still isn't walking and it is making me crazy. I know it's normal and I shouldn't be worried, but I can't help it! She is standing on her own more each day, and has been walking around the furniture for months, but just doesn't show any interest in going solo. I know she will do it on her own time, but it would be nice if she would consult my schedule every once in a while!
She is getting more defiant, although it is still pretty easy to reprimand her. She will occasionally look me in the eye and do exactly what I'm telling her not to, but it isn't too often. When she is finished with her food or her cup, she throws it. Maybe she just wants it out from in front of her, who knows. We're working on the cup issue especially. She throws it down after she's finished with each sip. There are a lot of sips in each meal!
Lila is a happy, active, social, secure and healthy little girl. Now that napping is under control, life is so much easier (well, as easy as it can be with a 12 month old!). We love being Lila's parents and are enjoying this phase in our lives. Now if I could just find that slow motion button....
Love the princess wave
Helping Daddy cheer on the Auburn Tigers
No comments:
Post a Comment