Anyway, Josh and Sarah actually left yesterday and have arrived in Lexington for the closing on their new house. They are driving back tomorrow to load the moving van and then go to KY for good. Their parents are going to help and get in a little extra time with them. J & S have lived in Auburn/Opelika their entire lives and although they may be a little nervous about this move, they are excited about the adventure. This is the perfect time in their lives to do this and they will have a blast. Well, except for that whole working on the PhD thing.
Sarah starts teaching at the beginning of August and hopes to get her classroom in order, along with her house, during these next two weeks. She actually had two job offers, which is great in any economy, but particularly in this one. We are all so proud of both of them and wish them the very best. We will all miss them so much, but can't wait to visit! I'm already thinking about UGA/UK, AU/UK, Kentucky Derby, etc, etc. Plus, Jared & I want to visit as many SEC campuses as possible. Maybe we can cross UK off the list this year. I hope they keep the guest room clean!
So on Monday, we sent them off with good food, a few tears and many well wishes. It's strange knowing they are so far away, but we're all on Skype and we have cell phones aplenty.
I know Sarah checks the blog, so: Good luck! We love you both and hope you have a blast. And I'm serious about the guest room. Those hats for the KY Derby are calling my name!
Josh and I have approximately 4 million pictures like this. For a while we got a taller in each one. Now my hair just gets darker and my legs get whiter.
No comments:
Post a Comment