Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Newest Addition

Lila and I traveled to Opelika on Monday for a good-bye party (more about that later). My cousin Rachel was very considerate and gave birth to her first child, a little girl, on Sunday. Normally, I would not want to take Lila to the hospital for fear of germs, nor would I take her to visit someone else's baby, but these were special circumstances. We went to good ol' EAMC (where Tabby was born!*) and met Miss Morgan Faith. She came into the world at a whopping 6 lbs 1oz. That is only 1 oz smaller than Lila was, but I've already forgotten what it's like to hold one that tiny. Morgan is precious - dark hair, olive skin, perfect little features. She already has a better tan than I will have all year. She kept moving her hands around her face and yawning. She probably wished we would all just leave her in peace and let her sleep!

Here she is in her daddy's arms. She woke up when he came into the room - already a Daddy's Girl! (Aren't they all though?)




Congratulations Paul & Rachel! She is beautiful!


My little snowflake did not enjoy sharing the attention. This was the first time Lila has see me hold another baby and she was not amused. I suppose we'll have to work on that before Jared & I think about #2, but I'm glad she loves her mommy.

*Lauren, Tabitha and I were all born at EAMC. When Tabby was younger, she would always say, "That's where I was born" as we passed the hospital. We've all continued to say that over the years; Jared even says it now. We each try to be the first to say it, but the hospital has to be in sight.  I wanted to get a picture of Lila by the EAMC sign to send to Tabby, but it was much too hot. Yes, we are total nerds and we are ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment