Our first July 4th as a family was fabulous! Well, Saturday was at least. We headed over to Guy and Crista's apartment and crashed at their pool. We unloaded our moving truck, coated ourselves in SPF 4,000 (the only way I feel safe) and got comfy in our lounge chairs. Lila loved the water and looked too cute in her new yellow swimsuit. We spent the entire day by the pool. The guys played volleyball, Crista and I chatted and Lila was adored by all. We had snacks aplenty and great music, courtesy of DJ Jared's iPod.
My mom was kind enough to come into town to help with Lila for a few days. She got in late Saturday afternoon and joined us at the pool. I didn't realize how much I'd missed her, so it was great to have time to just visit for once.
Lila loved the water and stayed in until she was pruney (spelling? is that even a word?). She would randomly giggle and squeal. She even got a bottle while in the pool. It doesn't get much better than that! We stayed out until 7:30 or so and even then didn't want to leave. All in all, it was a pretty spectacular day!
Lila's new swimsuit was a little big, but still oh so cute.
Lila loves her Granna
And why wouldn't she? Granna held her pretty much the entire time she was here.*
Guy & Crista have become such great friends. We hope that one day Lila will understand how blessed she is to have so many people who love her. Jared & I often comment on how much it means to us.
The best picture of the day: my two loves
The rest of the weekend was spent at Lowe's, painting trim and working on the deck. Good times. At least Lila got to enjoy the great outdoors with Granna. (I have pictures of my mom too, but she might get hostile if I post them. She'd been working in our yard. Thanks Mom!)
Lila was worn out from all the fun. She's started rolling a lot more now and prefers to sleep on her stomach. It still makes me nervous, but I snapped these before I turned her over.
*Before anyone panics, Lila was coated in sunscreen and kept in the shade when she was not in the pool. Our little snowflake was not burned during the festivities. In fact, her skin is just a lily white as before (just like her mother's).
You are doing such a wonderful job documenting Lila's growth. You can't imagine how much children love looking back at their baby pictures...she will appreciate your dedication!
ReplyDeleteToo much fun! Call us next time you go. Parker loves the pool. By the way, Parker preferred his tummy to sleep on too. At his 8 week checkup he was crying so hard, the doctor turned him on his belly & instantly quit crying. From that point on he slept on his tummy. OF course I worried about sids etc, but hey slept better that way. Back when we were growing up they nevered warned our parents about it. We survived!
ReplyDelete