Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weekend Update

Lila met two very special people this weekend. We ventured to Bremen, GA and spent some time with Tee (Turner) and Melissa. Jared & I met at Tee's lake house five and a half years ago. We haven't seen them since last summer, due to important events in both of our families.

We had a relaxing weekend and just enjoyed catching up. The guys played golf on Saturday while Melissa, Lila and I ventured to Olive Garden for soup & salad. Lila sat in a high chair for the first time. She is still so tiny that I ended up wadding the chair cover around her to give her a little cushion. She promptly opened her mouth and dove straight for the table edge. After I stopped gagging, I gave her her new favorite toy - an empty nut can. She loves this thing!



We then headed to Babies R Us to wander around. Why, you ask? Because Tee and Melissa will welcome their first child in December!! We could not be more excited for them! AND it's a girl! As soon as I found out they were expecting, I said Tee needs a girl. I'm not sure why, but I just see it. This little girl is so lucky to have such wonderful parents and we cannot wait to meet her. Melissa got a little practice this weekend, but she didn't need it. She's a natural and Lila loved her, as you can see.


She also enjoyed Molly's company. I'm not certain Molly would say the same.




Lila enjoyed the patio furniture. Literally everything goes directly to her mouth! We had to pull her away from the patio furniture! I promise we feed our child and we do provide her with proper toys. She just doesn't want them.

Tee fired up the grill and made a scrumptious dinner. The rest of us lazy folks sat on the porch and relaxed, but he didn't seem to mind.


 Lila refused to go to sleep, so Jared & I eventually gave up and let her come outside. She wanted to hang out with Melissa and spent the rest of the evening in her lap.


Basically a great time was had by all.

Thanks T & M! We had a great time. Congratulations on Little One. We cannot wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment